“The Oreo cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars are ready,” says your personal baker in your dreams. Except these magical words don’t have to only be in your dreams anymore. And very soon you
can will be saying these very words to your loved ones, because very soon you can will make them. These Oreo cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars are too good, but they are not too good to be true. They are true, and they are real, and they are deliciously decadent.
Recipe adapted (and dare I say, enhanced), from the food blog I’ve been loving and following for six years, Mel’s Kitchen Cafe: Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
Chocolate chip cookie layer
8 Tbs butter, melted
2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
9-12 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8×8-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- For the cookie layer, stir butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined. Add the egg and vanilla, mix well. Add the flour, salt, and baking soda; stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press half of the dough into a thin, even layer onto the bottom of the prepared pan. (Moisten hands slightly if the dough is sticking too much.) Fill in any holes with a bit of cookie dough from the bowl.
- For the cheesecake layer, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until well combined.
- Spread out Oreo cookies over the layer of cookie dough in the pan, 3 rows of 3. If you want, cut another 3 cookies into halves or fourths to fill in gaps. Pour the cheesecake layer over the Oreo cookies, filling in crevices so the bottom layer of cookie dough is not visible.
- Using the remaining cookie dough, flatten tablespoon amounts into flat discs in moistened hands. Place these discs over the top of the Oreo cheesecake layer, pressing them lightly together. Fill in gaps the best you can with any remaining bits of dough. It’s okay if there are small spaces–they will fill in pretty well as the bars bake.
- Bake the bars for 20 minutes. Turn oven temperature down to 325 degrees F and bake for another 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Let cool, cut into squares and enjoy your dream come true.
**These Oreo cheesecake stuffed chocolate chip cookie bars are delicious when eaten while still warm, or at room temperature, or after being chilled in the fridge. So basically, what I’m saying is… try all three ways and tell me your preference.